Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Whole New Year

Okay, so I suppose this post is a little belated since it is now January 8th. But I guess I didn't give a whole of thought to the"New Year" thing (with the exception of the Pajama New Year's Eve party we went to) until the last day or so.

All of a sudden I am excited that it's a brand new year! The start of a new year doesn't have to be something exciting, and for many people it probably isn't, but I'm going to choose to see it that way. A fresh start to try something new, go someplace new, do something a little different. Doesn't have to be extravagant or outrageous like vacationing in Peru (if you've never been) or starting a whole new career. It can be small like taking a dance class or learning to play an intrument... or trying a new outdoor adventure.

My big new thing, as my last post mentions, is trying a half marathon (I've already planned out my training schedule!). And I'm going to seek out photography contests and make a concerted effort to enter some. Who knows, I may even win one! Guess you never know unless you try, right? And maybe I'll develop the next hot Billy Mays infomercial product or create a new all-girls club with a special secret handshake and then move to LA and become the new it-girl that everyone will be talking about... or maybe not. ;) But the world is my oyster! I'm sure I'll come up with some other things to do but I'll figure that out as I go along. :) How about you???

No comments: