Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fun French Toast

Earlier this week I heard someone mention french toast and I've been craving it ever since. So after I went to the gym this morning I headed over to the store and bought a sourdough loaf and Cap'n Crunch cereal. "Why Cap'n Crunch cereal", you ask? I decided, instead of doing it the traditional way, after soaking the bread in the milk/egg/vanilla/cinnamon mixture I'd then put it in crushed Cap'n Crunch cereal to coat it before cooking. Ever try it?

YUM!

It is seriously delicious!! I still love it the old-fashioned way but that was a tasty treat!

P.S. That isn't a picture of my french toast up there... mine didn't look nearly so glamorous. (But I bet it tasted better!). ;)
P.P.S. Crap, now I have a box of Cap'n Crunch in my house that I doubt I'll be able to let go to waste.
P.P.P.S. Oh well. :)

3 comments:

kuhkjhkh said...

Hi! Sorry it took me so long! when i did it, i clicked on someone elses signature, which took me to the webpage. I clicked on the first option and it's pretty straight forward from there. When you get to the end you have to get a code and then google what to do with the code. It was much more simple then there explanation! Hope that helps. Also, i'm going to the mall in a few minutes to get jeans! I just may try on some skinny jeans! but i'm also feeling like a fatty today too so maybe i wont! lol hope you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a delicious idea!! Did you come up with this on your own? If so, I am super impressed. I've recently had an overwhelming urge to be more domestic so I may have to give this a try!!

Snickerdoodle Champagne said...

Snow White - I wish I had! But no, I heard it somewhere, although I can't remember where. You should try it, it's super easy!

Extra tip: use fresh bakery bread. That can make a huge difference in how good your french toast comes out. I prefer an uncut ciabatta loaf. :)