Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So Far So Good

I know it's only been a week but so far I feel pretty good about my half marathon training. I checked out this website called http://www.coolrunning.com/ that was recommended to me by Lara (check out her cute blog here). Since I don't plan on setting any records or even running the whole thing I'm not going to follow their training plan precisely but it did give me a good idea of what to do.

I've planned out my whole training schedule and started it the end of last week. I managed to do 3 miles last Friday, 5 miles on Saturday, then 4 miles on Monday and 4 more this morning. Yay! Not a bad start! And I've never even done 5 miles before so I was happy I did that on Saturday and still felt like I could go even further. I plan to do the 4 miles-4 miles-3 miles-5 miles-rountine each week for the next few weeks and then increase it from there.

I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: