Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Jack o' lanterns

Okay, these technically aren't jack o' lanterns because they don't have lights inside, but this is how we do it. And I know this post is a little late but I kept forgetting to take a picture of these, so here it is, albeit belated. :)

Growing up we never carved pumpkins because Mom always said it was wasteful. So us kids would draw on our pumpkins and we'd save them until Thanksgiving, when Mom would cut them up and use them for her pumkpin pies (which, by the way, are delicious). So the hubby and I do the same thing, except I don't make the pies. I take the pumpkins over to Mom's house so she can make the pies! One of these days maybe I'll learn to do it myself, and just maybe mine will taste as good as hers. Until then, rock on, Mom!

No comments: