Friday, April 17, 2009

Who Ever Thought I'd Like Antiquing??

Last weekend after my run my friend and I decided to stop in a couple of cute little antique shops on our way back to our car. Back in the day I always thought that kind of thing was totally boring and I just wasn't into it. But now I LOVE it! It's amazing the kind of interesting and unique treasures you can find in an antique shop.

And it's so fun to think of the story that must be related to whatever it is you're looking at. Who it once belonged to, how much they must have treasured it. Or maybe it was a wedding gift they couldn't stand and were glad to finally be rid of. :) Whatever the case, there are much more interesting and unusual things you can find compared to a regular store that has all brand new stuff.

Don't get me wrong, brand new has it's place. But I also don't like having a bunch of things that everyone else has. It makes me think of that Friends episode where Phoebe declares how much she hates Pottery Barn because so many people shop there and all of their houses look the same. Not to knock Pottery Barn or their stuff (I actually like a lot of it), but I think I like Phoebe's way of thinking.

So needless to say, when I went antiquing last weekend I had a lot of fun looking through the stores. Once of them had a lot of beautiful china pieces. Since I am now collecting tea cups I just fell in love with this one and had to have it.

I was so excited with my purchase I came right home, washed it, and used it. :) You should try it sometime... you never know what you might find!

No comments: