Friday, April 3, 2009

Daffodil Hill

I know it was last weekend that I went here but I just now had a chance to write about it and add some pictures. My sister and I went to place about an hour from us called Daffodil Hill - it's a private property of about 4 acres of daffodils. So pretty! I got some fun pictures (nothing too exciting) and then after we'd walked through the entire property and I said, "That's it?" my sister and I decided it wasn't necessary to go there again for about 10 years. Yes, it was nice and I'm glad that we went but it was an awful long drive just for that. No, thank you. There are other places much closer that I'd rather go to.

At any rate, here are some pictures from the day:






I'm super excited because tomorrow my husband and I are going on a "Passport Weekend" wine tasting tour. A bunch of wineries in our area are participating and you pay one fee, get a glass and wristband, and then you get to go to all the wineries that are doing this. Normally wine tasting around here is free so, why pay for this weekend? Well for starters, each place is serving FOOD! All different kinds of yummy foods that I can't wait to try! You also get special discounts, tasting of their special reserve wines, etc. I don't care as much about that stuff as I do the food.

Our plan is to get to the first winery by 12:00, 12:30 so we can have "lunch", of course eat at every other place we go to in the afternoon, and then at our last stop, around 5:00, we'll have "dinner". So we're basically planning to eat, drink, and be merry all day long. Sounds great to me!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

soo beautiful!! Hope you guys have fun tomorrow drinking wine and eating cheese! or whatever you eat with wine at a wine tasting.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Fantastic. I love the window pic.

Anonymous said...

I realize I already commented on this one but I've got a little award waiting for your precious self over at my blog. Love ya!

Unknown said...

How pretty!