Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Little Slice of Cherry Heaven

Today my sister and parents came over after church to hang out. I was craving something sweet (what else is new?) so I decided to bake a cake. And not just any cake, mind you, but a cherry chip cake (from Betty Crocker, super moist and yummy) and homemade cream cheese frosting that I did from scratch – so much better than the canned stuff.

Here is a picture of it:
Doesn't it look pretty? It was soooo good and I knew I'd be tempted to eat pretty much the whole thing so I made them take some home so that all that was left was this. Not too bad....
And just in case you want to try and make cream cheese frosting yourself, here is the recipe I use:

Beat together 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine, and 2 teaspoons vanilla until light and fluffy. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar, beating well. Add 1 teaspoon milk and approximately 2 1/2 more cups of powedered sugar until spreading consistency is reached.

I always add more sugar or milk, depending on the consistency I want the frosting to be, so you can adjust that as you need to. If you decide to try it I'm sure you'll love it!

1 comment:

NYStateBeauty said...

This looks delicious! I'm so craving cake now!

Guess I'm baking tomorrow! lol