Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fashion Dilemma

My sister just got married last summer (yay!) and the slowpoke just now sent out pictures of their honeymoon. So beautiful! They went on a cruise in the Carribbean. Seeing those pics just made me super excited for our upcoming Alaskan cruise! But for now I need to focus my attention on a small trip we're taking this coming weekend - to San Diego!

It's only for a few days but I'm super excited! It's to celebrate my mother-in-law's retirement. How cool is that?? She's having a big party so, of course, I had to figure out what I was going to wear. I initally thought it was going to be a fancy affair so I wanted something elegant and classy, like this:


Or this:

But then I learned that the party is going to be much more casual, with a Mexican buffet, beer, and maragaritas, and the men are not supposed to wear ties or sports coats, so I thought a dress like that would be over the top. So instead I thought about something like this:


Ha! Just kidding! I don't think I'd be caught dead wearing something like that!
I actually ended up with a simple little black dress a lot like this (except my skirt is just a little less full):
It's comfortable, I can dance in it, and it's not too dressy. But I thought I needed a little color so I added a very skinny leopard print belt and it looks great! I was worried about finding the right ensemble for such an occasion but after adding the belt, black patent peep toe stilettos, and some sparkly black beaded bracelets with matching earrings, I think I'm all set!

This weekend is going to be so fun!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That outfit sounds perfect especially with the belt!

kuhkjhkh said...

aww have fun! I think your weekend is going to be a blast and love the dress! the skimpy one... not the one you actually choose! lol just kidding

Your outfit sounds perfect!

Simply Me said...

that last dress is adorable!!!! Great taste :) Have fun!

Anonymous said...

i def. think you should do the sluttie black one!!!