Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sleeping Beauty...

...is one of my all time favorite classics. I was once asked in a silly game what my favorite Disney cartoon was and I immediately answered "Sleeping Beauty!" I think part of it is the central theme that is quintessential Disney: Good triumphs over Evil, but it is also the romanticism of a handsome young stranger sweeping you off your feet while having fairy godmothers to look out for you - fairy godmothers that add an element of sweetness and humor that is hard to resist. (Oh, how I wanted to be Princess Aurora when I was little!). The classic music is an added bonus, too. Not to mention, who doesn't want to discover her true love is actually a prince who endured great danger to rescue her?? ;)

Now that it is remastered and they have a platinum edition I think I'm going to have to get it!

No comments: