Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall-flavored Coffee

I don't drink coffee every day so when I do I consider it a treat. And if you haven't already noticed, I LOVE the scents and flavors of fall, including what you can add to your coffee. It's still pretty warm where I live (mid-80's) so it hasn't seemed right to have my pumkin spice latte from Starbuck's just yet, but last Tuesday I was on my way to a meeting and my friend/co-worker's car got a flat tire. When she called in to say we'd be late another friend of ours offered to buy us coffee so it would be waiting for us upon arrival. How sweet! Even though it was still a relatively warm morning, I immediately said "Pumpkin Spice Latte!". Bless her heart, I haven't been to Peet's Coffee much so I'm not familiar with their specialties, but that is where she went and I'm guessing "pumkin spice" isn't one of their fall favorites because the latte I got didn't taste anything like it (no offense to the Peet's lovers!). Boo, I was disappointed.




But today at the grocery store I saw some of Coffee-Mate's new fall flavored creamers... and pumpkin spice was one of them! One of those tastily decorated bottles went straight into my cart. The moment I got home I made some coffee to try it out... and it was great! Yay, I can make my own latte's right at home! An inexpensive but satisfying discovery. :) And with other flavors like Gingerbread and Peppermint Mocha I might have to try a few others! (Although for the peppermint flavor I think I'd rather add some peppermint schnapps to hot chocolate). ;)

No comments: