Monday, October 20, 2008

Orange & Black


We had an event at work today so a couple of my co-workers and I decided to make it fun and dress in Halloween theme. Not in costumes, mind you, but in all black and orange. Perfectly matched from our heads all the way down our black & orange striped legs! Yeah, those tights were pretty LOUD. In fact, when I got home, the first thing my husband said when he saw me was, "Whoa, that hurt my eyes. Those tights have got to go." Ha!


When walking around today it was fine when it was at least two of us together because people could tell that the ensembles were intentional. And honestly, the orange pashmina's draped around our necks were cute all by themselves but as soon as the person's eyes traveled down our legs they got quite an unexpected sight. Again, in pairs, we were fine. We got a lot of compliments, some even dared to call us "Halloween Barbie" (just being nice?). ;)


But if someone happened to catch you on your way to the bathroom and hadn't seen one of the other girls... well... I guess they probably thought that the unfortunate soul was having a really bad fashion day. Oh well. We had so much fun with it that at lunch time when we left for food (yes, we even went out in public looking that way) I actually found myself skipping to the car. Ah, to be a kid again!

No comments: