Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pearl Passion

Merry (Belated) Christmas! *sigh* I can't believe it's come and gone. I'm trying to drag it out as long as I can, though. My decorations always stay up until New Year's, and I'm still drinking egg nog and egg nog lattes and eating leftover pumpkin pie. Mmm, just can't get enough!
Even though it's over I have to say that it was pretty great, while it lasted. We had family from out of town visiting, some of whom stayed with us, and we had a great time! I just wish we could do it a little more often. Maybe not the presents craze more often, but the family-from-out-of-town-get-togethers... maybe twice a year instead of just once?

And while I certainly wouldn't want to have to endure the Holiday shopping craze more than once a year, I sure have fun with it while it's here. I think the best part is giving someone a really great gift and watching their reaction when they open it. The present from me and my sisters to my mom made her cry (always a good sign), my sister loved what I got her, and the framed picture my husband and I did for his brother was greeted with, "Wow, this is amazing!". Definitely the kinds of responses I was hoping for. I think the best gift is one that you know the person wants but didn't ask for and isn't expecting.

My husband did exactly that. He had to be a stinker and blow our budgets for each other in order to get me two really great things that I didn't ask for because I thought they were too expensive. He went WAY over budget... made me feel bad actually because I didn't do that for him (maybe next year...). ;) But one of the things was a BEAUTIFUL pearl necklace! I had mentioned it to him some time ago and I was shocked to learn he not only remembered, he even remembered what kind of pearls I wanted and the pearl size that I prefered. How sweet is he??? Needless to say I've been wearing them ever since Christmas. Thank you, Babe, I love them!!!

I am such a jewelry girl and I'm so excited to add these to my collection. They make me feel classy, feminine and sophisticated when I wear them. And I love how, like a diamond pendant, they look great with a dressy outfit but also go well with nice jeans and a sweater. A great piece for every girl to own!

Well I hope everyone got what they wanted this year... and maybe more. ;) I hope you all had a great Christmas!!!!

No comments: