Monday, September 29, 2008

Finally Fall?


Okay, I know the first official day of autumn was last Monday, but unfortunately it feels nothing like fall just yet. At least not for those of us that reside in sunny California. I think the high today was 92. Ninety two. Yes, you read that right. It's the end of September and we are still having 90 degree weather. Although at least I'm in Northern California where we actually have seasons and I am grateful for that. I love summer and wearing sundresses and flip flops but I also get super excited for it to cool off so I can start wearing cozy sweaters and fun scarves. It 's been too hot for me to even wear those cute "summer scarves"! But they say we'll be in the low 70's by the week's end so let's cross our fingers for that. At least the mornings and evenings are much cooler so that is a start. And this morning, while driving to an appointment, my windshield was splattered by twelve whole raindrops from the one, tiny, gray cloud directly above my car. True, it was blue skies everywhere else, but at least it's starting to feel a little more like fall is approaching. Hopefully it won't be long before I start seeing views like the one I attached to this post. :)

No comments: